Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLookup

I'm working with Excel 2003 and created a workbook (1 worksheet) to compare 3
columns of data. Each column varies in number of rows, but could have as
many as 800 lines. Two problems (although minor, as I have a work-around to
resolve), but I am wondering if there is a better way to do it.

Columns C, D & E have the data I need to compare. In Column A there is a
VLookup formula that compares C & D to find a match. Then in Column B, I did
another VLookup formula that looks for a match for the results of Column A &
E. It works, but possibly there is a better solution.

Second problem, each day we are copying a new set of data into the next
blank column (F), then deleting Column C, so that we always have only 3
columns. Of course when Column C is deleted, the formula goes to REF#. I
did a work around by writing a small macro that re-inputs the formulas into
Columns A & B. Is there any way to retain the formula?

Thanks for any help.
--
Linda