-   -   Vlookup or Hlookup does not work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/258078-vlookup-hlookup-does-not-work.html)

Delya

Vlookup or Hlookup does not work

Hi,
I need a simple formula... seems very diffucult to get
In Sheet 1 I have employee names on horizontal line and a lot of numbers in
vertical line.
In Sheet2, i Have emloyee names on vertical line and in horisontal line i
want to set up formula in sheet2 so that it calcualtes total number for each
month for each name as per below sample:

Sheet1 John
Month days
January 5
january 3
january 4
February 10
March 6
TOtal 28

Sheet 2
JOhn January February March
12 10 6

or at least John and 28 days total.

Teethless mama

Vlookup or Hlookup does not work

Take a look SUMIF function in help menu or use PIVOT table