Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges

Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables
in another file?

When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report
files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the
source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that
the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work
fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work.

The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have
to update all the reports that get generated from it.

Is there something else I have to do to get a named range to work in pivot
tables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mary-Lou