-   -   Summing across columns while skipping some columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/257465-summing-across-columns-while-skipping-some-columns.html)

Jag

Summing across columns while skipping some columns

Does anyone know of an easy way to accomplish this?

In the example below, I do not wish to add the values in columns G18 and J18.
=SUMIF(F18:L18,"<#N/A",F18:L18)

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Joe

Bernard Liengme

Summing across columns while skipping some columns

How about
=SUMIF(F18:L18,"<#N/A")-SUMIF(G18,"<#N/A")-SUMIF(J18,"<#N/A")
Note the third argument is not needed since you are summing the same range
as you are testing.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JAG" wrote in message
Does anyone know of an easy way to accomplish this?

In the example below, I do not wish to add the values in columns G18 and
J18.
=SUMIF(F18:L18,"<#N/A",F18:L18)

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Joe

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Summing across columns while skipping some columns

Hi,

Try this

=sumif(F18:L18,"=0")+sumif(F18:L18,"<=0")

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com