-   -   Calculating Average Salaries with Three Other Variables - Pivot Tables? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/256797-calculating-average-salaries-three-other-variables-pivot-tables.html)

RobFJ[_3_]

Calculating Average Salaries with Three Other Variables - Pivot Tables?

I've four columns of data over three hundred rows :

Gender - M or F
Grade - 1 to 15
Company - Five text names
Salary - Integer figure

I want to be able to create tables where, by company, I can calculate the
average salaries of men and women by grade.

I know it probably is a pivot table but can't get the steps right to get to
where I want.

Can SKS help with the rough pivot table steps or a generic formula that I
could customise.

(The four columns of data are each range-named.)

Thanks

Bernard Liengme[_2_]

Calculating Average Salaries with Three Other Variables - Pivot Tables?

Send me a file with sample data - change company names if confidential
Tell me what version of Excel you use (Excel2003- or Excel2007+)
I will make a movie of how to generate pivot table
And show a SUMPRODUCT (or AVERAGEIFS for Excel2007) solution
Get my email from my website
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"RobFJ" wrote in message
I've four columns of data over three hundred rows :

Gender - M or F
Grade - 1 to 15
Company - Five text names
Salary - Integer figure

I want to be able to create tables where, by company, I can calculate the
average salaries of men and women by grade.

I know it probably is a pivot table but can't get the steps right to get
to where I want.

Can SKS help with the rough pivot table steps or a generic formula that I
could customise.

(The four columns of data are each range-named.)

Thanks

Eduardo

Calculating Average Salaries with Three Other Variables - Pivot Ta

Hi,
Take a look at Debra web, she has an excellent explanation and great video
about Pivot tables

http://www.contextures.com/Pubn01.html

In the above link go to the end there you will see more link to other pages

http://www.contextures.com/Pubn03.html

if this helps please click yes thanks

.