-   -   Unmoveable SUM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/256505-unmoveable-sum.html)

LiAD

Unmoveable SUM

Hi,

I have a very simple formula =sum(A1:A100).

If I highlight lines 20 to 40 and then delete the entire line the formula
will update to =sum(A1:A80).

Is there any way I can stop this update happening when I delete lines?

Thanks
LiAD

Gav123

Unmoveable SUM

Hi LiAD,

Try =sum(A$1:A$100)

Hope this helps.

Gav

"LiAD" wrote:

Hi,

I have a very simple formula =sum(A1:A100).

If I highlight lines 20 to 40 and then delete the entire line the formula
will update to =sum(A1:A80).

Is there any way I can stop this update happening when I delete lines?

Thanks
LiAD

Mike H

Unmoveable SUM

Hi,

Try this

=SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A100"))
--
Mike

question.

"LiAD" wrote:

Hi,

I have a very simple formula =sum(A1:A100).

If I highlight lines 20 to 40 and then delete the entire line the formula
will update to =sum(A1:A80).

Is there any way I can stop this update happening when I delete lines?

Thanks
LiAD

Mike H

Unmoveable SUM

Gav123,

I'm afraid that doesn't work, see my response.
--
Mike

question.

"Gav123" wrote:

Hi LiAD,

Try =sum(A$1:A$100)

Hope this helps.

Gav

"LiAD" wrote:

Hi,

I have a very simple formula =sum(A1:A100).

If I highlight lines 20 to 40 and then delete the entire line the formula
will update to =sum(A1:A80).

Is there any way I can stop this update happening when I delete lines?

Thanks
LiAD

LiAD

Unmoveable SUM