-   -   CREATE A FORMULA FOR HOURS WORKED THAT SUBTRACTS LUNCH (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/256324-create-formula-hours-worked-subtracts-lunch.html)

Mrs Boyd

CREATE A FORMULA FOR HOURS WORKED THAT SUBTRACTS LUNCH

I have found a template for a time sheet with everything I want except for
the fact that it adds the hour taken for lunch. I need it to subtract the
hour taken for lunch since it is not a paid lunch.

Teethless mama

CREATE A FORMULA FOR HOURS WORKED THAT SUBTRACTS LUNCH

Modify your formula, put a minus sign instead of a plus sign for lunch hour.

"Mrs Boyd" wrote:

I have found a template for a time sheet with everything I want except for
the fact that it adds the hour taken for lunch. I need it to subtract the
hour taken for lunch since it is not a paid lunch.

Bill Sharpe[_3_]

On 2/15/2010 8:06 AM, Mrs Boyd wrote:
I have found a template for a time sheet with everything I want except for
the fact that it adds the hour taken for lunch. I need it to subtract the
hour taken for lunch since it is not a paid lunch.

It might help if you'd show us what the formula (or formulas) looks
like. In any event you want to reduce the result by one hour.

Bill

Gord Dibben

CREATE A FORMULA FOR HOURS WORKED THAT SUBTRACTS LUNCH

Mrs. Boyd

See Chip Pearson's site for creating a timesheet with regular and OT hours
including lunch breaks.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP