-   -   Matching data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/256300-matching-data.html)

Trish Smith

Matching data

Hi everyone,

I get database outputs in the form of CSV tables.
There are 3 tables Location , Learner and Result.

MS Query is used to match up the data from the 3 tables i.e each learner is
based in a paticular location and will have several different results.

Then the criteria are changed to query the data. There are 5 subjects in the
Subject field of Result and these have 3 to 5 components e.g coursework, test
etc. Each combination is outputted to a separate Excel sheet and then I use
Index match functions to produce 1 row of data for each Learner.

I hope I've explained well enough for someone to suggest a better way of
doing this :-)

If anyone could help that would great.

Cheers
--