-   -   How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/25536-how-do-i-let-only-one-box-chosen-when-there-several.html)

alruslavage

How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several?

I've put several 'check' boxes in a sheet. I want to allow only one to be
chosen. Can anyone help?

Nick

Don't use checkboxes use option buttons instead as only one can be selected
at a time.

Nick

"alruslavage" wrote in message
I've put several 'check' boxes in a sheet. I want to allow only one to be
chosen. Can anyone help?

Vasant Nanavati

Use radio buttons instead; it's better design.

--

Vasant

"alruslavage" wrote in message
I've put several 'check' boxes in a sheet. I want to allow only one to be
chosen. Can anyone help?

alruslavage

Looked up 'radio' buttons and cannot find it's functionality and how-to.
Where do I find this info?

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

Use radio buttons instead; it's better design.

--

Vasant

"alruslavage" wrote in message
I've put several 'check' boxes in a sheet. I want to allow only one to be
chosen. Can anyone help?

Vasant Nanavati

Sorry, should have said "option buttons."

--

Vasant

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

Use radio buttons instead; it's better design.

--

Vasant

"alruslavage" wrote in message
I've put several 'check' boxes in a sheet. I want to allow only one

to be
chosen. Can anyone help?

Nick

There are two types in excel 2000
Either on the Forms tool bar or the Control Toolbox toolbar.
Right click the current menubar and select the toolbars from there. Or
View - Toolbars.

The Forms option button and the Control option button are different and are
implemented differently but work the same, i.e only one can be selected at a
time.
The Control option button has more functionality through VBA.

Nick

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

Use radio buttons instead; it's better design.

--

Vasant

"alruslavage" wrote in message
I've put several 'check' boxes in a sheet. I want to allow only one

to be
chosen. Can anyone help?

alruslavage

do you mean ActiveX control? When I do a search on option buttons, it comes
up with ActiveX and with manipulating the controls of the page. Nothing
about check boxes.

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

Use radio buttons instead; it's better design.

--

Vasant

"alruslavage" wrote in message
I've put several 'check' boxes in a sheet. I want to allow only one

to be
chosen. Can anyone help?

Nick

The controls on the Control Toolbpx toolbar are ActiveX Controls.
In Excel help serach for 'Types of Controls" and you should see two help
topics. One about Form controls and the other about ActiveX controls.

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

Use radio buttons instead; it's better design.

--

Vasant

"alruslavage" wrote in
message