-   -   Extract emails from cells with text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/255297-extract-emails-cells-text.html)

AJexcelQuestions

Extract emails from cells with text

I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd
like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish
extracting the email address only to column B?

Here's an example of different cells in column A:

Please email to contact us......
OR
Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email
with your
questions...

Thank you

T. Valko

Extract emails from cells with text

Try this...

All on one line:

=TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND
(" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ",
REPT(" ",LEN(A1))),LEN(A1)))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"AJexcelQuestions" wrote in
message ...
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that
I'd
like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish
extracting the email address only to column B?

Here's an example of different cells in column A:

Please email to contact us......
OR
Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email
with your
questions...

Thank you

Don Guillett[_2_]

Extract emails from cells with text

Sub getemailinstr()
Set mc = Range("f4")
findat = InStr(mc, "@")
'MsgBox findat
st = InStrRev(mc, " ", findat)
'MsgBox st
es = InStr(findat, mc, " ")
'MsgBox es
mc.offset(,1).value=Mid(mc, st, es - st)

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"AJexcelQuestions" wrote in
message ...
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that
I'd
like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish
extracting the email address only to column B?

Here's an example of different cells in column A:

Please email
to contact us......
OR
Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email
with your
questions...

Thank you

Rick Rothstein

Extract emails from cells with text

Here is another UDF for you to consider...

Function ExtractEmail(S As String) As String
Dim Parts() As String
Parts = Split(S, "@")
ExtractEmail = Split(Parts(1))(0)
Parts = Split(Parts(0))