-   -   Choose amount appears at first coloums (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/254966-choose-amount-appears-first-coloums.html)

JJ

Choose amount appears at first coloums

I need some help.
How to choose amount appear at first coloums for each rows?
Lets say I have coloum A-Z and row 1-1000.
Each coloums has amount and its appear first time at different coloum for
each row.
How can I choose amount from the first time its appear?
Thanks

Bob Phillips[_4_]

Choose amount appears at first coloums

Try this array formula

=INDEX(A1:Z1,MIN(IF(A1:Z1<"",COLUMN(A1:Z1))))

HTH

Bob

"JJ" wrote in message
I need some help.
How to choose amount appear at first coloums for each rows?
Lets say I have coloum A-Z and row 1-1000.
Each coloums has amount and its appear first time at different coloum for
each row.
How can I choose amount from the first time its appear?
Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Choose amount appears at first coloums

Try the below non-array formula...

=INDEX(A1:Z1,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(A1:Z1<"",),))

--
Jacob

"JJ" wrote:

I need some help.
How to choose amount appear at first coloums for each rows?
Lets say I have coloum A-Z and row 1-1000.
Each coloums has amount and its appear first time at different coloum for
each row.
How can I choose amount from the first time its appear?
Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Choose amount appears at first coloums

If you have default 0's which are to be ignored..then try

=INDEX(A1:Z1,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(A1:Z1<0,),))

--
Jacob