-   -   protect cells in excel, but also allow a search in those cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/254669-protect-cells-excel-but-also-allow-search-those-cells.html)

LindaAlex

protect cells in excel, but also allow a search in those cells?

I need a column protected so it cannot be changed by just anyone, however,
when I protect it, I cannot search for an entry in this column Any
suggestions on how to use the search feature?
--
Linda K

Luke M

protect cells in excel, but also allow a search in those cells?

When you protect the sheet, allow users to select locked cells.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"LindaAlex" wrote:

I need a column protected so it cannot be changed by just anyone, however,
when I protect it, I cannot search for an entry in this column Any
suggestions on how to use the search feature?
--
Linda K

LindaAlex

protect cells in excel, but also allow a search in those cells?

Thanks you were a great help!
--
Linda K