-   -   Conditional Format - If day = 24 or 25 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/254379-conditional-format-if-day-%3D-24-25-a.html)

mjones

Conditional Format - If day = 24 or 25

Hi All,

Is there a way to format a cell based on the day of the month?

I'd like the cell colour to change if it's the 24th or 25th of the
month.

Thanks if you know.

Michele

Pete_UK

Conditional Format - If day = 24 or 25

Michele,

Suppose your dates are in column D, starting with D2. Highlight the
cells from D2 down, then bring up the CF dialogue box. Select Formula
Is rather than Cell Value Is in the first box, and enter this formula:

=OR(DAY(D2)=24,DAY(D2)=25)

then click on the Format button and choose your background colour from
the Patterns tab. OK your way out.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 26, 1:17*am, mjones wrote:

Hi All,

Is there a way to format a cell based on the day of the month?

I'd like the cell colour to change if it's the 24th or 25th of the
month.

Thanks if you know.

Michele

Thanks for replying. I need to clarify though.

I meant the actual day, like today() knows the actual date. The date
is not in a cell.

Is this still possible?

Pete_UK

Conditional Format - If day = 24 or 25

In that case you would use this formula:

=OR(DAY(TODAY())=24,DAY(TODAY())=25)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 26, 1:27*am, mjones wrote:

Thanks for replying. *I need to clarify though.

I meant the actual day, like today() knows the actual date. *The date
is not in a cell.

Is this still possible?

Great. Thanks!!!!

Pete_UK

Conditional Format - If day = 24 or 25

You're welcome, Michele - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jan 26, 1:49*am, mjones wrote:

Great. *Thanks!!!!!