-   -   Formula needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/254134-formula-needed.html)

Krissy

Formula needed

Hi
I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and
for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the
same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!!

Glenn

Formula needed

Krissy wrote:
Hi
I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and
for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the
same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!!

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct

Omit the "values to be summed".

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A6="Active"), --(B2:B6=10))

Glenn

Formula needed

Glenn wrote:
Krissy wrote:
Hi
I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain
value and for another value in another column range and when they are
both found in the same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!!

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct

Omit the "values to be summed".

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A6="Active"), --(B2:B6=10))

More specifically...

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct

Gary''s Student

Formula needed

Say In A1 thru B10 we have:

Krissy Sad
Krissy Sad
Krissy Sad
Krissy Happy
Krissy Happy
Debbi Happy
Debbi Happy
Debbi Sad
Debbi Sad
Debbi Sad

and we want to count the rows in which Krissy is Happy:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="Krissy")*(B1:B10="Happy"))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"Krissy" wrote:

Hi
I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and
for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the
same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!!

Krissy

Formula needed

I have tried both suggestions and they don't seem to work right. More info
may help:
In Column E Row 3 to 57 are various numbers - 1 through to 112 in column G
row 3 to 57 are either a T or F
I need to count how many times a number such as "14" in column E has a Y in
column G on the same row. i.e. Row 51 Column E = 14 column G = Y so would be
counted as 1 and if row 46 had the same criteria I would then have a count of
2 and so on.

"Krissy" wrote:

Hi
I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and
for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the
same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!!

Fred Smith[_4_]

Formula needed

=sumproduct(--(e3:e57=14),--(g3:g57="Y"))

Regards,
Fred

"Krissy" wrote:

Hi
I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value
and
for another value in another column range and when they are both found in
the
same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!!

Joe User[_2_]

Formula needed

"Krissy" wrote:
I have tried both suggestions and they don't seem to work right.

They should have. How exactly how did you apply them? That is, exactly
what formula are you trying in our worksheet that does not work?

I need to count how many times a number such as
"14" in column E has a Y in column G on the same row.

Ostensibly:

=sumproduct((E3:E57=14)*(G3:G57="Y"))

But if the "numbers" in column E are actually text, then:

=sumproduct((E3:E57="14")*(G3:G57="Y"))

Note: The comparision G3:G57="Y" will be true when each of G3:G57 is either
"Y" or "y". Is that a problem?