-   -   can i give a number an automatic colour on spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/254040-can-i-give-number-automatic-colour-spreadsheet.html)

Jann Waterside

can i give a number an automatic colour on spreadsheet

Putting together a spreadsheet for a guest house and wonder if i can
designate a colour to a number . e.g. if i have two customers in a room will
the space and number automatically turn yellow on me entering a "2"
Would be grateful for any help. Regards Jann

David Biddulph[_2_]

can i give a number an automatic colour on spreadsheet

The function you need to look up in excel help is "Conditional formatting".
--
David Biddulph

"Jann Waterside" <Jann wrote in message
Putting together a spreadsheet for a guest house and wonder if i can
designate a colour to a number . e.g. if i have two customers in a room
will
the space and number automatically turn yellow on me entering a "2"
Would be grateful for any help. Regards Jann

Bob Bridges[_2_]

can i give a number an automatic colour on spreadsheet

Yes, except you can have only four colors that way (the default color plus
three alternates). If that's enough to satisfy your requirements, Jann, this
is definitely the way to go. If you need more, you'll probably have to
program it.

--- "David Biddulph" wrote:
The function you need to look up in excel help is "Conditional formatting".

--- "Jann Waterside" <Jann