-   -   How do I calculate a specific formula for price increases? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/253912-how-do-i-calculate-specific-formula-price-increases.html)

Charlie

How do I calculate a specific formula for price increases?

I need to update a spreadsheet, increasing all the values in column A as
follows:

=sum

-7.5%
+20
+5%

I've got so far : =A1*0.925+20 and this calculates the correct total to
this point

but when I try to add 5% to the end of the formula the sum fails

Also, when the new formula is calculated, how do I add it in so that it
calculates the correct sum for the whole spreadsheet

There are around 500 entries, i.e. from A1 - A500 and all these values need
to be subjected to the above calculation

Bernie Deitrick

How do I calculate a specific formula for price increases?

Charlie,

=(A1*0.925+20)*1.05

or use cell references:

=(A1*(1+C2)+C3)*(1+C4)
with your numbers as below in C2 to C4.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Charlie" wrote in message
I need to update a spreadsheet, increasing all the values in column A as
follows:

=sum

-7.5%
+20
+5%

I've got so far : =A1*0.925+20 and this calculates the correct total to
this point

but when I try to add 5% to the end of the formula the sum fails

Also, when the new formula is calculated, how do I add it in so that it
calculates the correct sum for the whole spreadsheet

There are around 500 entries, i.e. from A1 - A500 and all these values need
to be subjected to the above calculation

Gary''s Student

How do I calculate a specific formula for price increases?

=1.05*(A1*0.925+20)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

Charlie

How do I calculate a specific formula for price increases?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=1.05*(A1*0.925+20)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

THANKS GARY - THATS SO SIMPLE WHEN SOMEBODY ELSE TELLS YOU THE ANSWER.

Knew I should have paid more attention during Equations