-   -   How do I delete a character from a list of item numbers? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/25375-how-do-i-delete-character-list-item-numbers.html)

TIANA

How do I delete a character from a list of item numbers?

I have a list of item numbers in a column that have a dash in different
locations within the number, I would like to get rid of the dashes.

JE McGimpsey

Select your column and do a Find/Replace, with the dash in the Find:
box, leaving the Replace with: box blank.

In article ,
"TIANA" wrote:

I have a list of item numbers in a column that have a dash in different
locations within the number, I would like to get rid of the dashes.

Hi
Try Find/Replace. In the Find box put your dash - and leave the
Replace box blank.

--
Andy.

"TIANA" wrote in message
I have a list of item numbers in a column that have a dash in different
locations within the number, I would like to get rid of the dashes.

RagDyeR

Select the list, then:

<Edit <Replace

In the "Find What" window, enter your dash.

Leave the "Replace With" window empty,

And just click "Replace All".
--

HTH,