-   -   I don't want row 1 as the column headings (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/253723-i-dont-want-row-1-column-headings.html)

I don't want row 1 as the column headings

This seems like a simple matter but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have
typed my column headings in and they appear along row 1. I don't want the
headings to be row 1 I want row one for entering the first row of data. How
do I make row 1 truly row 1 and not the column headings. I am not asking how
to make the row appear across each page, I have that already.
thanks in advance.

Don Guillett

I don't want row 1 as the column headings

You can not change the column headings (except to numbers). However, you can
use your col headings on row 1 and hide the row/column headings. But, they
are still there.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel