-   -   Excel Formulas look different (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/253722-excel-formulas-look-different.html)

User13

Excel Formulas look different

I received a spreadsheet of mine back from a coworker, and all the formulas
now look something like =Totals!R[3]C[-1] instead of =TOTALS!C73.

Anyone know why they changed and how to change them back?
--
User13

David Billigmeier

Excel Formulas look different

The second sheet has R1C1 Reference Style enabled. Follow these steps to fix:

If in Excel 2007:
<Office Button (in top left corner of screen)
<Excel Options
Click on "Formulas" tab
Un-select R1C1 reference style

If in Excel 2003:
<Tools
I think it's under General Tab (i think... can't remember exactly as i've
been switched over to 2007 for a while now
Un-select R1C1 reference style

Dave

"User13" wrote:

I received a spreadsheet of mine back from a coworker, and all the formulas
now look something like =Totals!R[3]C[-1] instead of =TOTALS!C73.

Anyone know why they changed and how to change them back?
--
User13

Niek Otten

Excel Formulas look different

Please do not multi-post

Your question has been answered in another group

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"User13" wrote in message
I received a spreadsheet of mine back from a coworker, and all the formulas
now look something like =Totals!R[3]C[-1] instead of =TOTALS!C73.

Anyone know why they changed and how to change them back?
--
User13

Per Jessen

Excel Formulas look different

Hi

Goto Tools Options General In Settings section uncheck 'R1C1 reference
style'.

Regards,
Per