-   -   Sorting and grouping data with varying number or rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/253276-sorting-grouping-data-varying-number-rows.html)

Vickie

Sorting and grouping data with varying number or rows

I have a large spreadsheet that is downloaded from another site.

Is there a formula to group rows from 'header' to next header?

I need to group 4 rows and then the corresponding data for the header rows
which varying in the number of rows e.g.

Header group
Date
Service Code
Name

Corresponding data: next 5 rows
Next header (as indicated above) can have 25 rows, etc.

ryguy7272

Sorting and grouping data with varying number or rows

Have you tried using a Pivot Table? A Pivot Table will do both the sorting
and grouping.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

http://www.babeled.com/2008/07/18/ex...-manipulation/

--