-   -   Exclude Hidden Row Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/252171-exclude-hidden-row-values.html)

Dewayne

Exclude Hidden Row Values

Is there a way to exclude counting values in a total when rows are hidden and
including them when they are not hidden in a COUNT, COUNTIF, and COUNTA
formula?
Thank yoiu for any help.
--
Dewayne

T. Valko

Exclude Hidden Row Values

What version of Excel are you using? If you're using Excel 2003 or later you
can use the SUBTOTAL function with the 100 series arguments.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dewayne" wrote in message
Is there a way to exclude counting values in a total when rows are hidden
and
including them when they are not hidden in a COUNT, COUNTIF, and COUNTA
formula?
Thank yoiu for any help.
--
Dewayne

ryguy7272

Exclude Hidden Row Values

Type 'subtotal' into help. You will need something like this:
=SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A5)
=SUBTOTAL(3,A2:A5)

--
Ryan---

"Dewayne" wrote:

Is there a way to exclude counting values in a total when rows are hidden and
including them when they are not hidden in a COUNT, COUNTIF, and COUNTA
formula?
Thank yoiu for any help.
--
Dewayne

Dewayne

Exclude Hidden Row Values

Using Excel 2003. It appears I can make the subtotal work for me. Thank you
for your help!
--
Dewayne

"Dewayne" wrote in message
Is there a way to exclude counting values in a total when rows are hidden
and
including them when they are not hidden in a COUNT, COUNTIF, and COUNTA
formula?
Thank yoiu for any help.
--
Dewayne