-   -   I need help matching spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/252131-i-need-help-matching-spreadsheets.html)

joel

I need help matching spreadsheets

Please help.

I have two spreadhseets with file numbers in column A, but a bunch of
additional data in the other columns. I need to know if the files on sheet 2
(smaller data set, named "RS") are on sheet 1 (larger data set, named
"2008"). If so, I need it to produce a "1" on sheet 1, column "U".

I've tried vlookup, but couldn't quite figure it out.

Thank you.

B. R.Ramachandran

I need help matching spreadsheets

Hi,

See my response to your post "VLOOKUP Help" in the "Excel General Questions"
group.

B. R. Ramachandran