-   -   Can I Rotate with a Condition -or- Can I Display Graphics with aFormula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/251887-can-i-rotate-condition-can-i-display-graphics-aformula.html)

Amish

Can I Rotate with a Condition -or- Can I Display Graphics with aFormula

I am trying to write a function that will display less than and
greater than signs, but do so in two directions; I'd like them to go
left to right or up and down.
So my questions is, since I can't find a char() for a reverse caret,
is it possible to either rotate the caret with a conditional, or is
there a way to display graphic characters (which I'll draw) using an
Excel formula?
Thanks

ryguy7272

Can I Rotate with a Condition -or- Can I Display Graphics with a F

Here's a goopd example of how you can use Excel to rotate an object, but I'm
not sure how to use this concept to reverse a caret...
http://www.andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm

--
Ryan---

"Amish" wrote:

I am trying to write a function that will display less than and
greater than signs, but do so in two directions; I'd like them to go
left to right or up and down.
So my questions is, since I can't find a char() for a reverse caret,
is it possible to either rotate the caret with a conditional, or is
there a way to display graphic characters (which I'll draw) using an
Excel formula?
Thanks
.

Andy Pope

Can I Rotate with a Condition -or- Can I Display Graphics witha Formula

Hi,

With the Symbol font you can use
Char Value
217 Ù Up
218 Ú Down
60 < Left
62 Right

You could use a UDF to rotate a shape.
In a standard code module place the following code.

Public Function RotateFreeform(Name As String, Angle As Long) As Variant
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.Shapes(Name).Rotation = Angle
Exit Function
End Function

Draw a freeform shape on the worksheet. If you draw a V shape then you
can use the following formulas, making sure the shapes name is correct.

V - =rotatefreeform("Freeform 1",180)
^ - =rotatefreeform("Freeform 1",0)
< - =rotatefreeform("Freeform 1",270)
- =rotatefreeform("Freeform 1",90)

Cheers
Andy

Amish wrote:
I am trying to write a function that will display less than and
greater than signs, but do so in two directions; I'd like them to go
left to right or up and down.
So my questions is, since I can't find a char() for a reverse caret,
is it possible to either rotate the caret with a conditional, or is
there a way to display graphic characters (which I'll draw) using an
Excel formula?
Thanks

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Amish

Can I Rotate with a Condition -or- Can I Display Graphics with aFormula

Thanks Andy. I have no explanation for not thinking of using a
different font! lol

On Dec 28, 7:00*am, Andy Pope wrote:
Hi,

With the Symbol font you can use