-   -   How do I set an automatic date stamp into a cell in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/25162-how-do-i-set-automatic-date-stamp-into-cell-excel.html)

Nilla_Brown

How do I set an automatic date stamp into a cell in Excel?

I am trying to set up my spread sheet so that when I enter a value in A1 (for
example) the time will pop up in A7. I have tried to do "if" statements, but
when I do "IF A1=0, THEN ***, NOT CTL,SHIFT;" BUT when I type "ctl,shft ;" it
automatically enters the time I entered the formula. I work in a phone
queue, and would like to automatically keep up with the times my calls come
in without having to remember to do so.

Bob Phillips

You need VBA, else the time just keeps updating

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:M1")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Offset(6, 0).Value = Format(Time, "hh:mm:ss")
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True