-   -   Reference to cell with external spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/251474-reference-cell-external-spreadsheet.html)

B Lane

Reference to cell with external spreadsheet

I have a lookup function with a very long range name which referrs to another
spreadsheet. I would like to make a cell with the text of the range and just
refer to the cell in the lookup function. Is this possible?

Thank you

[email protected]

On 19 Dec, 20:43, B Lane <B wrote:
I have a lookup function with a very long range name which referrs to another
spreadsheet. I would like to make a cell with the text of the range and just
refer to the cell in the lookup function. Is this possible?

Thank you

If you long range name is in cell A1, try this formula:

=SUM(INDIRECT(A1))

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke