-   -   Sort one coloumn according to another coloumn on another worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/250243-sort-one-coloumn-according-another-coloumn-another-worksheet.html)

Sunir M S[_2_]

Sort one coloumn according to another coloumn on another worksheet

Hi guys.

i am a newbie. i went through all the posts but couldnt inderstand.

I want to sort coloumn A on worksheet 2 according to coloumn A on worksheet2.

e.g

Coloumn A ( Worksheet1) B | Column A (Worksheet 2
harry H david
david D craig
craig C harry
smith S smith

The contents of coloumn A will not be the same order every day. Could
someone help me sort col A of worksheet 1 after matching it with the strings
in colomn A worksheet2.

The only criteria to sort would be mathcing the strings. i.e names

the out put should look like:

( Worksheet1) (Worksheet 2
Coloumn A | Coloumn B || Column A
david D david