-   -   Sheet Protection / Edit Objects (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/250185-sheet-protection-edit-objects.html)

Keyrookie

Sheet Protection / Edit Objects

I have a spreadsheet with multiple objects that I'm trying to lock. My problem is I also have cells that I need to have comment insertion capabilites. When going to Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet and allow Edit Objects is checked I can insert a comment. However, it also allows the other objects on the sheet to be accessed. Is there a way to allow the Edit Objects option in a specified range of cells and still protect the sheet?

Perplexed....

Keyrookie