-   -   Excel VB Run-time error '50290' (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/25000-excel-vbulletin-run-time-error-50290-a.html)

Bruce Blackman

Excel VB Run-time error '50290'

I've encountered a reproducable phenomenon in Excel 2003. When adding a formula using the "insert function" process from the formula bar, before the results are displayed, I get a visual basic error box Run-time error '50290': Method 'StatusBar' of object '_Application' failed.

The results are correct after closing the box, and the error does NOT occur when the process is started using the Insert pull-down menu.

I've uninstalled office 2003 Pro, then re-patched it, and no change was made.
Any clues would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Bruce E. Blackman, CNE, ASE, APS
Network Technician