-   -   Count if or SumProduct (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/249782-count-if-sumproduct.html)

Brandy

Count if or SumProduct

I have two columns : column A defines the make/model; column B numerically
defines how many were sold . Note: There are multiple entries for the same
makes/models due to different territories.

I have a separate worksheet for which I need to summarize this info.
What would be the best formula for this task? I guess I am lost on what to
enter to count.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Mike H

Count if or SumProduct

Hi,

Try this. The lookup value is in A1 of the currebt sheet

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A1:A20=A1)*(Sheet1!B1:B20))

Mike

"Brandy" wrote:

I have two columns : column A defines the make/model; column B numerically
defines how many were sold . Note: There are multiple entries for the same
makes/models due to different territories.

I have a separate worksheet for which I need to summarize this info.
What would be the best formula for this task? I guess I am lost on what to
enter to count.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

T. Valko

Count if or SumProduct

Is this what you had in mind:

Sheet1
...........A...........B
1....Model.....AMT
2.......x.............3
3.......z.............1
4.......x.............5

Sheet2
1....Model.....Total

Enter this formula in Sheet2 B2:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A$2:A$5,A2,Sheet1!B$2:B$5)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP