-   -   Date conversion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/249038-date-conversion.html)

Pete

Date conversion

I am trying to separate dates and times in a spreadsheet through right and
left formulas. After using these two formulas, Im getting my date answer in
the format of 40,104, etc., and the time format in a similar format. I have
tried changing the format on this and all other methods I can come up with,
but nothing seems to work for me. Anybody have a suggestion on how to make
the dates and times show up in their original format/

--
pete

Ms-Exl-Learner

Date conversion

Assume that you are having the below value in A1 cell.

A1
40,104

B1 cell
=TEXT(A1,"DD/MM/YYYY")

It will return the result 18/10/2009. So use the Text function in your
formula.

If this post helps, Click Yes!

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"pete" wrote:

I am trying to separate dates and times in a spreadsheet through right and
left formulas. After using these two formulas, Im getting my date answer in
the format of 40,104, etc., and the time format in a similar format. I have
tried changing the format on this and all other methods I can come up with,
but nothing seems to work for me. Anybody have a suggestion on how to make
the dates and times show up in their original format/

--
pete

Jacob Skaria

Date conversion

Why dont you post an example of the text string containing date and time.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria