-   -   Price Comparison formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/248789-price-comparison-formula.html)

tjc

Price Comparison formula

Acme XXX Price OOO Price Best Price
$46.21 $49.95 $46.21

I am looking to create a formula that will compare the three prices listed
and enter the lowest price header into the "best price" column.

Eduardo

Price Comparison formula

Hi,

=MIN(B6:D6)

change range to fit your needs

if this helps please click yes thanks

"TJC" wrote:

Acme XXX Price OOO Price Best Price
$46.21 $49.95 $46.21

I am looking to create a formula that will compare the three prices listed
and enter the lowest price header into the "best price" column.

tjc

Price Comparison formula

Thanks, I tried this, but am actually looking to have the Best Price column
reflect the vendor name rather than the "best price". Thanks again for your
help!

"TJC" wrote:

Acme XXX Price OOO Price Best Price
$46.21 $49.95 $56.21 Acme

I am looking to create a formula that will compare the three prices listed
and enter the lowest price header into the "best price" column.

Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_]

Price Comparison formula

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:56:01 -0800, TJC
wrote:

Acme XXX Price OOO Price Best Price
$46.21 $49.95 $46.21

I am looking to create a formula that will compare the three prices listed
and enter the lowest price header into the "best price" column.

First, make sure that the prices are numbers formatted as currency and
not text. Then you may try the following formula:

=INDEX(A1:C1,,MATCH(MIN(A2:C2),A2:C2,0))

This will list the header with corresponding to the lowest price.
If there are more than one header with the lowest price, as in your
example, the leftmost of them will be listed

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Eduardo

Price Comparison formula

Hi, try

=IF(MIN(B6:D6)=B6,$B$5,IF(MIN(B6:D6)=C6,$C$5,$D$5) )

I assume that your names are in row 5

"TJC" wrote:

Acme XXX Price OOO Price Best Price
$46.21 $49.95 $56.21 Acme

I am looking to create a formula that will compare the three prices listed
and enter the lowest price header into the "best price" column.

JBoulton

Price Comparison formula

With "Acme" in a1 and prices in a2:c2.
=INDEX(A1:C1,1,MATCH(MIN(A2:C2),A2:C2,0))

Will get the job done.