Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How Can I ?

I am not sure that I can properly describe my question. But here is my best
shot of describing it.
I have a sheet that is Imported Data from a Text file that is about 4K lines
long.
On another sheet I need to return the value of a cell based on multiple tests.
On Sheet2, I need to find the value of C1 in Col C on Sheet1, which is
Duplicated in more than 1 ROW, AND find the value B1 in COL B on Sheet1,
which is also duplicated in more than 1 ROW. However, There will be
ONLY ONE instance of the same combinations and the Row offset will always be
-1.
If the combination is found, Return the Value of COL A.
The example below shows an example of what I am TRYING to describe.

Sheet1
A B C
1 a
2 b