-   -   days calculations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/248133-days-calculations.html)

Kimti

days calculations

I have sheet with some dates as follows:

a b c
1 01-jan-00 09- feb-09
2 23-feb-09 08-mar-09

I want to calculate working days in column c between two dates in a an b
columns. I was using following formula and getting, "#NAME?"
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)
Plaese help to reactify this error.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kimti

Jacob Skaria

days calculations

--First of all check whether the dates are in excel/date format. To enter a
date you can try Ctrl+ ; (semicolon) and then edit the date to suit

--NETWORKDAYS() is a function availble in Analysis ToolPak. Check whether
you have installed ATP . To install; from menu ToolsAddIns check 'Analysis
ToolPak' and hit OK.

--Alternate solution
=SUM(INT((WEEKDAY(A1-{1,2,3,4,5},2)+B1-A1)/7))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Kimti" wrote:

I have sheet with some dates as follows:

a b c
1 01-jan-00 09- feb-09
2 23-feb-09 08-mar-09

I want to calculate working days in column c between two dates in a an b
columns. I was using following formula and getting, "#NAME?"
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)
Plaese help to reactify this error.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kimti

David Biddulph[_2_]

days calculations

What did it tell you when you typed the function name NETWORKDAYS into Excel
help?
--
David Biddulph

"Kimti" wrote in message
I have sheet with some dates as follows:

a b c
1 01-jan-00 09- feb-09
2 23-feb-09 08-mar-09

I want to calculate working days in column c between two dates in a an b
columns. I was using following formula and getting, "#NAME?"
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)
Plaese help to reactify this error.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kimti

Kimti

days calculations

Thank you for your help. It worked good with installing analysis toolpak. One
more question: if my column b is empty is it possible to consider current
date in the column and keep increasing number in column c until I place the
date in column b.

"Kimti" wrote:

I have sheet with some dates as follows:

a b c
1 01-jan-00 09- feb-09
2 23-feb-09 08-mar-09

I want to calculate working days in column c between two dates in a an b
columns. I was using following formula and getting, "#NAME?"
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)
Plaese help to reactify this error.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kimti

Jacob Skaria

days calculations

Sure; you can try the below

=NETWORKDAYS(A1,IF(B1="",TODAY(),B1))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Kimti" wrote:

I have sheet with some dates as follows:

a b c
1 01-jan-00 09- feb-09
2 23-feb-09 08-mar-09

I want to calculate working days in column c between two dates in a an b
columns. I was using following formula and getting, "#NAME?"
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)
Plaese help to reactify this error.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kimti

Kimti

days calculations

It worked the way I wanted. Another thing, I copied the formula in column c
all the way to row 200. But I don't have the data in all the rows. If a and b
column is blank, column c still gave me some numbers whereas I wanted to see
column c blank as well.

"Kimti" wrote:

I have sheet with some dates as follows:

a b c
1 01-jan-00 09- feb-09
2 23-feb-09 08-mar-09

I want to calculate working days in column c between two dates in a an b
columns. I was using following formula and getting, "#NAME?"
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)
Plaese help to reactify this error.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kimti

Jacob Skaria

days calculations

Try

=IF(A1="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1,IF(B1="",TODAY(),B1)))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Kimti" wrote:

I have sheet with some dates as follows:

a b c
1 01-jan-00 09- feb-09
2 23-feb-09 08-mar-09

I want to calculate working days in column c between two dates in a an b
columns. I was using following formula and getting, "#NAME?"
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)
Plaese help to reactify this error.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kimti