-   -   Data validation error message not showing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/247969-data-validation-error-message-not-showing.html)

raphiel2063

Data validation error message not showing

I've set up a cell with data validation from a list and given it a reference
list from another worksheet (using a name). I've gone into the error alert
tab and set a message but nothing is happening if I type junk in (not in teh
list)... any ideas?

I do have macro's on this..

Tom Hutchins

Data validation error message not showing

In the Data Validation dialog, on the Error Alert tab, make sure the "Show
error alert after invalid data is entered" checkbox has a check in it.

Hope this helps,

Hutch