-   -   simple sum unless blank (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/247918-simple-sum-unless-blank.html)

Cheryl

simple sum unless blank

simple formula j1-i1 but when I expand down the column I want it to return 0
or leave empty if a cell is blank. Can you help me?

--
Cheryl

JBeaucaire[_131_]

simple sum unless blank

Try this:

=IF(COUNTA(I1:J1)=2, J1-I1, "")

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB
(www.MadRocketScientist.com)

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Cheryl" wrote:

simple formula j1-i1 but when I expand down the column I want it to return 0
or leave empty if a cell is blank. Can you help me?

--
Cheryl

JBeaucaire[_131_]

simple sum unless blank

This should work for you.

Try this:

=IF(COUNTA(I1:J1)=2, J1-I1, "")

--

"Cheryl" wrote:

simple formula j1-i1 but when I expand down the column I want it to return 0
or leave empty if a cell is blank. Can you help me?

--
Cheryl

Eduardo

simple sum unless blank