-   -   How do i create an IF func to return values from another spreadshe (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/247423-how-do-i-create-if-func-return-values-another-spreadshe.html)

ALF2008

How do i create an IF func to return values from another spreadshe

Hi

I have done a VLookup and want to return the value in one spreadsheet into
another when the vlookup returns a match. Can anybody please help as I am
going round in circles.

Mike H

How do i create an IF func to return values from another spreadshe

Hi,

Your question isn't clear but this returns a match if there is one or a
blank if there isn't

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A2:A12,A1)0,VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2! A1:B11,2,FALSE),"")

Mike

"ALF2008" wrote:

Hi

I have done a VLookup and want to return the value in one spreadsheet into
another when the vlookup returns a match. Can anybody please help as I am
going round in circles.

Jacob Skaria

How do i create an IF func to return values from another sprea

Minor corrections with cell references.

The below formula will check whether the entry in Sheet1 cell A1 exists in
Sheet2 ColA . If a match is found it would return the ColB value of the
corresponding entry from Sheet2.

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1),VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2 ,0),"")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria