-   -   Multiple arguments (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/247135-multiple-arguments.html)

Nobrainer22

Multiple arguments

This is a great informative forum. I have created a worksheet that has a DV
dropdown list with 3 items. When test data are pasted in the columns A
through I, the worksheet compares data in each cell with the engineering
specifications (listed on another worksheet). Then it displays, in the
columns K through S, "OK" if they pass or "HIGH" if they are higher. This is
true for all the three items in the dropdown list. Now, I want to add
another argument such that if the 2nd item is selected from the drop down
list, it will display "IGNORE" in cells R8 through R32. Currently, the
formula I have used in those cells is-
=IF(H8="","",IF(H8<=IF(J$1=SZSpecs!M$3,SZSpecs!C68 ,SZSpecs!H68),"OK","HIGH"))
SZSpecs is the another worksheet where DV list and specifications are
stored. I guess I have to use AND function? Any help would be appreciated.
If explanation is not clear, I can e-mail the file if you provide me with the
e-mail address. Thanks.

T. Valko

Multiple arguments

Which cell holds the drop down?

Maybe something like this...

=IF(H8="","",IF(dropdown="2nd_item","Ignore",IF(H8 <=IF(J$1=SZSpecs!M$3,SZSpecs!C68,SZSpecs!H68),"OK" ,"HIGH")))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP