-   -   Multiple text function calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/246973-multiple-text-function-calculation.html)

ekonomija

Multiple text function calculation

Dear all,

Please, if you could help in searching and making the correct formula:

I have two columns with different text values:
Col. A
Product A
Product B
Product C
Product A
Product A
Product B

Col. B
Paris €“ sector 1.
London €“ sector 1.
Rome €“ sector 1.
London €“ sector 2.
London €“ sector 3.
Paris €“ sector 1.

What is the aim:
To count how much times product A occurs in London (also to count all
sections)?

I've tried with countif and sumproduct, but no results. :((((

Thank you very much for your answers and help!

Kindly,
ekonomija

Teethless mama

Multiple text function calculation

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A7="Product A")*(LEFT(B2:B7,6)="London"))

"ekonomija" wrote:

[...]

Peo Sjoblom[_3_]

Multiple text function calculation

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A50="Product A"),--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("London",B1:B50))))

Peo Sjoblom

"ekonomija" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you very much!!!! It helped!

It is so easy! I've struggled with it all day long!!

Best,
ekonomija

"ekonomija" wrote:

[...]

You're Welcome!

"ekonomija" wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much!

But, I have a problem... #VALUE error occurs... I have couple of blank
cells... does this effect somehow to this formula?!

Thank youยจ!

Kindly,
ekonomija

.