-   -   formula in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/246463-formula-excel.html)

Laundone

formula in excel

I only want to count a cell of numbers as one. For example in each cell there
are the number of contacts a person has made. But I only need to enter the
number 1 to indicate that there were contacts being made. Then I will add up
the total of people making the contacts.

T. Valko

formula in excel

Extremely vague...

Maybe this:

=COUNT(A1:A10)

That will count how many cells in the range contain numbers.

If you have something like this:

A1 = 1,10
A2 = 2
A3 = 3,5,4

Then try this:

=COUNTA(A1:A10)

That will count all the non-empty cells in the range.

If neither of those is what you had in mind then we'll need a better
explanation of what it is you want to do.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Laundone" wrote in message
I only want to count a cell of numbers as one. For example in each cell
there
are the number of contacts a person has made. But I only need to enter the
number 1 to indicate that there were contacts being made. Then I will add
up
the total of people making the contacts.

Jacob Skaria

formula in excel

How is your data arranged? Can you post an example

'the below will count the number of cells in col A with numbers
=COUNT(A:A)

'the below will count the number of cells in col A with numbers greater than 0
=COUNTIF(A:A,"0")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria