-   -   How to change the direction of the enter key to go horizontal (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/246177-how-change-direction-enter-key-go-horizontal.html)

BManske

How to change the direction of the enter key to go horizontal

I recall when entering data in an excel chart, that I could change the
direction from vertical to horizontal when using the "enter" key.....and
can't remember where I went to change that.

Michael Arch

How to change the direction of the enter key to go horizontal

From the Main Menu Select:
Tools-Options
Select the Edit Tab
From the Dropdown Box select the direction where you will move after hitting
enter, in your case right or left

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button on the bottom
right of this window.

Michael Arch.

"BManske" wrote:

I recall when entering data in an excel chart, that I could change the
direction from vertical to horizontal when using the "enter" key.....and
can't remember where I went to change that.

Glenn

BManske wrote:
I recall when entering data in an excel chart, that I could change the
direction from vertical to horizontal when using the "enter" key.....and
can't remember where I went to change that.

Tools / Options / Edit / Move selection after edit:

Glenn

Glenn wrote:
BManske wrote:
I recall when entering data in an excel chart, that I could change the
direction from vertical to horizontal when using the "enter"
key.....and can't remember where I went to change that.

Tools / Options / Edit / Move selection after edit:

"after Enter" not "after edit"

T. Valko

How to change the direction of the enter key to go horizontal

In Excel 2007...

Office buttonExcel OptionsAdvancedEditing Options: After pressing Enter,
move selection.....OK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"BManske" wrote in message
I recall when entering data in an excel chart, that I could change the
direction from vertical to horizontal when using the "enter" key.....and
can't remember where I went to change that.

[email protected]

How to change the direction of the enter key to go horizontal

is there any way to make it so when i hit enter it moves horizontally when im using Excel for Ipad? I need to go to the next column when enter is pressed..

thanks!