-   -   Finding cells that contain references to other workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/246123-finding-cells-contain-references-other-workbooks.html)

John Cunha

Finding cells that contain references to other workbooks

Howdy -

How do I find out what cells in a specific workbook contain the formulas
that drive the link to another workbook? Simply put, I have a lot of
workbooks I inherited and have old links I know I do not need, but I can't
figure out how to eliminate them

ryguy7272

Finding cells that contain references to other workbooks

Edit Links Break Links.
Make sure that's what you really want to do!! Total PITA if you break links
and find out later that you really need them!!

Good luck,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"John Cunha" wrote:

Howdy -

How do I find out what cells in a specific workbook contain the formulas
that drive the link to another workbook? Simply put, I have a lot of
workbooks I inherited and have old links I know I do not need, but I can't
figure out how to eliminate them

John Cunha[_2_]

Finding cells that contain references to other workbooks

Absolutely. I know intimately what I want from these workbooks from A to Z
and Alpha to Omega, and have no need for whatever links were created by their
ancient authors. In fact, I don't even have the reference workbooks. SO I'd
really love to skip the initial link update window - now there's the true
PITA!