-   -   Duplicate image in Excel spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/245621-duplicate-image-excel-spreadsheet.html)

AZ Casa Queen

Duplicate image in Excel spreadsheet

How do I remove the "mirror" image that is displayed of my spreadsheet? It
was an older Excel file I copied over to Microsoft Home and Student. I saved
the file and now have a duplicate image of the same spreadsheet on my screen.
I don't need or want to compare the data.
Thanks!

Dave Peterson

Duplicate image in Excel spreadsheet

Do you see something like:

Book1.xls:1
or
Book2.xls:2

in the titlebar?

If yes, then you don't really have duplicate images. You have two views.

Select the window you don't want.
Hit ctrl-w to close that window
save the workbook the way you want--or you'll have to do it again.

--

Dave Peterson

Max

Duplicate image in Excel spreadsheet

Probably its just multiple windows open on the same book.
Click Window Arrange Tile OK, to tile it. Close one of the 2 windows
by clicking its top right "x", then maximize the other window. Save the file.
Any good? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore