-   -   Vlookup and If functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/245567-vlookup-if-functions.html)

Robin Reid

Vlookup and If functions

Worksheet 1 and 2 have student ID numbers in column 1 to identify the
records. I am trying to use the ID number to look up information in worksheet
2 and have it placed in a specific cell in worksheet 1. If the ID number is
not contained in worksheet 2 I would like the function to remain blank or to
place the number zero in the cell. If the ID number is located in worksheet 2
then I want the function to return the value in the corresponding column 2.

Jacob Skaria

Vlookup and If functions

Refer help on VLOOKUP..

Try the below formula in Sheet1 with unique id in sheet1 A1...
=VLOOKUP(A1,sheet2!A:B,2,0)

'modified to handle no matches
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,sheet2!A:B,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A1 ,sheet2!A:B,2,0))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria