-   -   creating a sheet 1 of (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/245373-creating-sheet-1-a.html)

Lenny

creating a sheet 1 of

I am creating an excel form (2003). Because of the format, I cannot use
excels worksheet automatic numbering. I have set up two cells, side by side
to hold the entries: SHEET | OF | is there a way that Excel can
automatically number the sheet and correctly enter the number of total
worksheets in the file?

This is a no brainer in Word, I would just use the pageno and numpages
fields but this is new for me using Excel.

An explanation or help is always greatly appreciated

Lenny

Don Guillett

creating a sheet 1 of

something like
for i = 1 to 21
sheets(i).add
next

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Lenny" wrote in message
I am creating an excel form (2003). Because of the format, I cannot use
excels worksheet automatic numbering. I have set up two cells, side by
side
to hold the entries: SHEET | OF | is there a way that Excel can
automatically number the sheet and correctly enter the number of total
worksheets in the file?

This is a no brainer in Word, I would just use the pageno and numpages
fields but this is new for me using Excel.

An explanation or help is always greatly appreciated

Lenny

Lenny

creating a sheet 1 of

Lenny wrote:
Don: my thanks for taking the time to respond, however, what do I do with
the information you provided below? Is it a formula? Where does it get
added (what cell(s)) and to which sheets in a multi sheet workbook? I
assume(?) that once placed on any of the worksheets, it will move when a
worksheet is copied?

Sorry - but this is real newbie territory for me. Things just don't seem to
work the way they do in Word tables..... regards

"Don Guillett" wrote:

something like
for i = 1 to 21
sheets(i).add
next

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Lenny" wrote in message
Lenny wrote:
Don: my thanks for taking the time to respond, however, what do I do with
the information you provided below? Is it a formula? Where does it get
added (what cell(s)) and to which sheets in a multi sheet workbook? I
assume(?) that once placed on any of the worksheets, it will move when a
worksheet is copied?

Sorry - but this is real newbie territory for me. Things just don't seem
work the way they do in Word tables..... regards

"Don Guillett" wrote:

something like
for i = 1 to 21
sheets(i).add