-   -   Using MIN function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/244767-using-min-function.html)

PC Instructor

Using MIN function

Hello,

How can I use the minimum function to return the lowest number in a range,
while ignoring any zeros and any #N/A entries in the range?

Any help would be appreciated!

Jacob Skaria

Using MIN function

Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the
same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to
enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly
braces at both ends like "{=<formula}"

=MIN(IF(ISNUMBER(D1:D100),IF(D1:D1000,D1:D100)))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"PC Instructor" wrote:

Hello,

How can I use the minimum function to return the lowest number in a range,
while ignoring any zeros and any #N/A entries in the range?

Any help would be appreciated!

PC Instructor[_2_]

Using MIN function

Perfect! Thank you VERY much!

"PC Instructor" wrote:

Hello,

How can I use the minimum function to return the lowest number in a range,
while ignoring any zeros and any #N/A entries in the range?

Any help would be appreciated!

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Using MIN function

Hi,

You may also try this

1. Assume your data is in range E11:E18
2. In cell E10, enter heading
3. In E25, enter =AND(ISNUMBER(E11),E110)
5. In F24, enter heading
6. In cell F25, enter =DMIN(E10:E18,F24,E24:E25)

Hope this helps

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com