-   -   3D worksheet question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/244337-3d-worksheet-question.html)

Tabis

3D worksheet question

I have 3 sheets with sheet 1 as budget, sheet 2 as actual sales and I keep
getting an error with my formula to get the variance for sheet 3. I'm using
=Sheet1!:Sheet2!C12 and it adds not subtracts, what am I doing wrong? Thanks
for any help.

CM

3D worksheet question

you must have a subtraction sign between the cell references:

=Sheet1!C12 - Sheet2!c12 (if you are subtracting c12 in sheet 2 from c12 in
sheet 1)