-   -   "rolling up" numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/244209-rolling-up-numbers.html)

Brad Autry

"rolling up" numbers

I've fairly large worksheets, around 20 to 25k rows each. 20 in total.

Some of the data contained within is as follows:

Req ID Source Interview Hired
1234 website 2 0
1234 commercial 10 2
1234 website 1 1
1234 magazine 3 0

I need to keep the data as a basic list as it is now (no combining figures
via pivot or anything), but I'd like to find a way to automate the combining
of data for redundant sources. In the example data, "website" source is
listed twice with different figures. I need a way to consolidate it to one
row, summing the figures in Interview and Hired.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

Sean Timmons

"rolling up" numbers

assuming your sources are limited, make a table with your source names, then
have headers for interview and hired.

=SUMIF(Sheet1!B:B,A2,Sheet1!C:C)

Assuming your sheet2 has website, would return 3 for Interview.

=SUMIF(Sheet1!B:B,A2,Sheet1!D:D)

Returns # hired.

If you need to include Req ID as a criterium:

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A2:A30000=A2)*(Sheet!B2:B3000= B2)*Sheet1!D:D)

Would reutrn sum where Req ID equals your valeu in cell A2 and Source equals
your value in B2.