-   -   formula to switch last/first name around? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/244176-formula-switch-last-first-name-around.html)

Stilla

formula to switch last/first name around?

Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

Sean Timmons

formula to switch last/first name around?

Assuming you ONLY have ast name comma space first name:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1)-1)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)

"Stilla" wrote:

Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

Stilla

formula to switch last/first name around?

Sheer GENIUS!!!!! WOnderful!!!

"Stilla" wrote:

Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

T. Valko

formula to switch last/first name around?

Here's another one:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Stilla" wrote in message
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name
in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

Sean Timmons

formula to switch last/first name around?

Thank you much! I've had to use it myself many times...

"Stilla" wrote:

Sheer GENIUS!!!!! WOnderful!!!

"Stilla" wrote:

Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

B. R.Ramachandran

formula to switch last/first name around?

Hi Biff,

Very elegant formula!

B. R. Ramachandran

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's another one:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Stilla" wrote in message
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name
in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

T. Valko

formula to switch last/first name around?

Thanks!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"B. R.Ramachandran" wrote in
message ...
Hi Biff,

Very elegant formula!

B. R. Ramachandran

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's another one:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Stilla" wrote in message
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a
name
in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

[email protected]

On Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 12:17:01 PM UTC-5, Stilla wrote:
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

What about if I want to change it from John Brown to Brown, John??

Claus Busch

formula to switch last/first name around?

Hi,

Am Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:02:32 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

What about if I want to change it from John Brown to Brown, John??

try:
=MID(A1&", "&A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1)+1)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

[email protected]

On Wednesday, 30 September 2009 18:17:01 UTC+1, Stilla wrote:
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

I'm 10 years late to this thread, but your formula works a treat! thanks

Moeka Nakagawa

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 9:51:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 September 2009 18:17:01 UTC+1, Stilla wrote:
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

I'm 10 years late to this thread, but your formula works a treat! thanks

What if you want John Doe to become Doe John with no commas and only space in between?

Auric__

wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 September 2009 18:17:01 UTC+1, Stilla wrote:
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a
name in cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

I'm 10 years late to this thread, but your formula works a treat!
thanks

What if you want John Doe to become Doe John with no commas and only
space in between?

Remove the comma from Claus' formula:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1)+1)

--
Help will always be given to those who ask for it.