-   -   COS H (Trigonometry) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/243512-cos-h-trigonometry.html)

Shortstopper00

COS H (Trigonometry)

I need to use the funtion COSH squared or COSH ^2 in a cell to calculate an
answer. How can this be done?

joeu2004

COS H (Trigonometry)

"Shortstopper00" wrote:
I need to use the funtion COSH squared or COSH ^2 in a cell to calculate
an answer. How can this be done?

You almost wrote the answer yourself:

=COSH(A1)^2

I suspect there is more behind your simplistic question. If you need more
help, provide more details.

Glenn

COS H (Trigonometry)

Shortstopper00 wrote:
I need to use the funtion COSH squared or COSH ^2 in a cell to calculate an
answer. How can this be done?

Does this do what you want?

=POWER(COSH(A1),2)

Rick Rothstein

COS H (Trigonometry)

I would think this should do it...

=COSH(A1)^2

If you are going to make it part of a longer calculation, then you might
want to enclose it in parentheses to make it clear what is going on....

=3*(COSH(A1)^2)+4

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Shortstopper00" wrote in message
I need to use the funtion COSH squared or COSH ^2 in a cell to calculate an
answer. How can this be done?

David Biddulph[_2_]

COS H (Trigonometry)

I don't know which half of the problem is causing you difficulty.

To take the COSH of A1, the formula is =COSH(A1)
To take the square of B1 the function is =B1^2
So to take the square of the COSH of A1 the function is =COSH(A1)^2
--
David Biddulph

"Shortstopper00" wrote in message
I need to use the funtion COSH squared or COSH ^2 in a cell to calculate an
answer. How can this be done?

Sam Wilson

COS H (Trigonometry)

=COSH(A1)^2

"Shortstopper00" wrote:

I need to use the funtion COSH squared or COSH ^2 in a cell to calculate an
answer. How can this be done?

Luke M

COS H (Trigonometry)

Since XL uses parenthesis to in-close functions, you would write it:

=COSH(A1)^2

Note that this is different than
=COSH(A1^2)
--