-   -   LOOKUP function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/243467-lookup-function.html)

Arfa

LOOKUP function

if the exact lookup_value is not found, it will approximate to the nearest
figure below the requested value.
For Example:
Code Name Qty.
13 Farid 67

In "Code" column, "12" does not exist.
When I Lookup column "Code", it will be as follow:
Code Name Qty.
12 Vahid 356 <------- (This row is the same as "11")
13 Farid 67

I want to have empty cells or zero when there is not "12".

Please help me.

Jacob Skaria

LOOKUP function

Use VLOOKUP(). Refer help for details and syntax

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(10,A1:C6,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(10,A1:C 6,2,0))

To retrun the 3rd column (Qty)
VLOOKUP(10,A1:C6,3,0)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Arfa" wrote:

if the exact lookup_value is not found, it will approximate to the nearest
figure below the requested value.
For Example:
Code Name Qty.
13 Farid 67

In "Code" column, "12" does not exist.
When I Lookup column "Code", it will be as follow:
Code Name Qty.
12 Vahid 356 <------- (This row is the same as "11")
13 Farid 67

I want to have empty cells or zero when there is not "12".

Please help me.

Bob Phillips[_3_]

LOOKUP function

If you have Excel 2007, you can use IfError

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(10,A1:C6,2,TRUE),"")

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Arfa" wrote in message
if the exact lookup_value is not found, it will approximate to the nearest
figure below the requested value.
For Example:
Code Name Qty.
13 Farid 67

In "Code" column, "12" does not exist.
When I Lookup column "Code", it will be as follow:
Code Name Qty.
12 Vahid 356 <------- (This row is the same as "11")
13 Farid 67

I want to have empty cells or zero when there is not "12".

Please help me.

Arfa

LOOKUP function

Many Thanks.
I use Excel 2003.

"Arfa" wrote in message
if the exact lookup_value is not found, it will approximate to the nearest
figure below the requested value.
For Example:
Code Name Qty.
13 Farid 67

In "Code" column, "12" does not exist.
When I Lookup column "Code", it will be as follow:
Code Name Qty.
12 Vahid 356 <------- (This row is the same as "11")
13 Farid 67

I want to have empty cells or zero when there is not "12".

Please help me.

Jacob Skaria

LOOKUP function

Arfa, does that means you have resolved the issue ?

"Arfa" wrote:

Many Thanks.
I use Excel 2003.